Calling Embedded Engineers, Co-Create New Grove Module Libraries to Work With ESPHome/Home Assistant and Get A Big Hardware Gift Bag.
Last month we released the wiki walk through step-by-step connect Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32C3 with ESPHome running on Home Assistant and send the sensor data/ control devices after connecting Grove modules to XIAO ESP32C3. Currently, we have 38 Grove Modules wikis that can work with ESPHome.
To better support the smart home community, now we are glad to invite engineers to join us to co-create new Grove Module Libraries to work with ESPHome and Home Assistant to promote the ecological construction of ESPHome together. Moreover, we have a number of Grove starter kits/devices up for grabs.
Use your skills to help build smart homes around the world
We’re hosting the New Grove module libraries co-create campaign over the next few months, which will take your skills to help automate homes with Seeed hardware, ESPHome, and the Home Assistant platform. Add module libraries to work with ESPHome or Home Assistant, build smart home projects with your creation and contribute to documentation or tutorials to have a chance to get a big hardware gift bag.
If your Grove module library for the Home Assistant community is approved by ESPHome, developers will receive the gift bag directly from Seeed Studio.
Interested? Keep reading to find out more.
How to enter the New Grove Module Libraries Co-Create campaign?
* Please follow up these guidelines when adding support for a Grove module.
- Check whether the Grove module is not already supported by checking ESPHome.io and this list.
- Please check and choose the Grove module you want from the Current Grove List and work it with ESPHome/Home Assistant.
- Please fill out the form to submit your library proposal for your selected Grove module and we will send you a free sample for testing. New Grove module library co-create proposal.
- Please follow the guidelines in this document for contributions and how to add new Grove module library support for ESPHome/Home Assistant.
What can you benefit from the new Grove Module Libraries Co-Create program?
- Get one free sample Grove module from Seeed (first coming first served)
- Get A Big Hardware Gift Bag from Seeed
All eligible PR submissions to the ESPHome repository will be sent gift bags as thanks. Winners will be announced and contacted by us in the near future.
- Hardware Gift Bag Contents:
- Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32C3
- Seeed Studio XIAO Expansion Board
- Seeed Grove Air Quality Sensor
- Seeed Grove Relay
- SONOFF BASICR2 – Switch
- SONOFF DW2-Wi-Fi – Door/ Window Sensor
- Seeed Studio XIAO Pillow
Special Note: This table is a list of Seeed Studio’s Grove Module, you can co-create the Grove libraries to work with ESPHome and Home Assistant, which are being worked on by some developers from our community. We will update the progress every week for all engineers/developers who are participating in the 2022 Grove library Co-Create event.
- Seeed wiki for setting up Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32C3 and Grove modules with ESPHome and Home Assistant.
- Sensors and Grove modules support work with ESPHome
- Grove Bundle Kit for ESPHome, DIY Grove Modules to Work With Home Assistant
Don’t let such an opportunity slip, come and join us!!